The building of Synagogue is built in 1925 at the place of an old synagogue which had burnt down in 1879. It was used until the Second World War, when approximately 400 Jews lived in Niš, and most of them were killed in the Holocaust. After the Jewish community had sold this building to the city, it was renovated and the building became an exhibition space of the Niš National Museum. It was built in the modernist style, with a recognizable façade and linear plastic on the western end with the entrance. The building has a large hall with a characteristic Jewish stained glass on the eastern wall. The hall is surrounded with the exhibition space on the northern, western and southern side. Because of the architectural and historic values, the building has been under protection of the state since 1986.