The Central Post Office was built in 1934 for the Niš branch of the National Mortgage Bank. Belgrade architect AleksandarĐorđević designed this two-storey building in the spirit of the French school in academic style.
at the corner of the VozdKarađorđe and Orlovic Pavle Street
The building is angular with a large semicircular staircase at the entrance, above which a relief composition dominates, composed of male and female figures: god Mercury, the Muse of arts and the Muse of architecture. The central hall is done in marble and with surrounding columns and an atrium, it is the most representative part of this building. After the Second World War, its purpose was changed and it became the Central Post Office, and it has been protected as a significant monument of culture since 1986.